Welcome to your Homeschooling Resource for Why and How
If you’ve watched your child flounder in a troubled educational system, it’s time to consider your alternatives. This is the book to start with!
In Homeschooling: Why and How, Gail Nagasako shares the essentials of why over a million families have chosen to homeschool and how they go about it. Drawing from over twenty years of experience as a homeschool support group leader, counselor and the mother of a now-grown homeschooled son, Ms. Nagasako shows you homeschooling is easier than you think. You can provide a full, robust education tailored specifically to your child’s personality, talents, difficulties and learning style and still have lots of time left over to enjoy your family life together.
This refreshingly approachable, well-documented homeschooling resource will:
- Give you confidence that you can do an excellent job of meeting the educational needs of your child, whether that need is for extra help, extra challenge or a chance to pursue a passion not offered in schools.
- Dispel the myth that homeschooled children miss out on positive socialization.
- Give you real life stories and examples of the many ways families educate their children and the benefits for their children and their families.
- Provide you with many resources and examples of various approaches. Even if you decide not to homeschool your child you can use these to enrich your children’s educational experiences outside of the classroom.
- Share enough facts about the successes of homeschooled children to convince even the most doubting friend or family member.
Whatever your situation, Homeschooling: Why and How will challenge any preconceived notions about the practice that you may have. And, hopefully, encourage you to think critically and seriously about what your child is really learning at school.